TJ Alexander •versus• Ricky Rhodes •versus• Drake Nygma

AWS Legacy Championship Eliminator Tournament
Triple Threat Match

TJ Alexander •versus• Ricky Rhodes •versus• Drake Nygma

View full promo

• Like 1

WHOSE YOUR DADDY 

Camera pans over the ROCKIN’ R Ranch & you seem Ricky Rhodes sitting in a chair inside his barn drinking a beer. He stands up rubbing his goatee with one hand & holding his beer in the other as he looks into the camera & begins talking towards camera 

Ricky Rhodes- “I told you didn’t I..I told you that Xavier Pendragon didn’t stand a chance. I put down the OLD MAN & it seems now I’ve been given the job to take the kids to the wood shed. You do about the wood shed right? I remember growing up if I did something papa Rhodes would take me behind the wood shed & give me a good ole fashion whooping. On June 3rd in Buffalo that’s excatly what I’m gonna be doing with TJ Alexander & Drake Nygma. I’m gonna be taking out behind the woodshed for an ass beating they will never forget. You boys might be younger, might be faster but I’m gonna teach you a lesson on what experience can do & a little power. I will not let two children stand in the way of my goal & the AWS  LEGACY TITLE is just another step in getting to my ultimate goal. 

TJ ALEXANDER I’ll address you first. They call you the “Game Changer” well in just a few weeks I’ll show you how the game is really played on this side of the pond. You may have had success in the past but you’ve never stepped in the ring with a legend & I will teach you things you’ve been taught before. This sport requires patience & that’s something you don’t have so I’ll think I’ll take it slow with you in Buffalo, I’ll make you wrestle on my terms & just when your at your wits end we will go on a round up you’ll never forget. 

Drake Nygma you Egyptian piece of trash. You on the other hand I have no respect for. You don’t take this sport seriously & you need disciplined. You walk in wearing your fancy suits & having no talent. You need to be taught that money won’t buy titles or respect. Who knows maybe a real wrestling match will actually teach you some moves.You wanna be a ICON well first you gotta beat the “American Icon” & that it something you’ll never be able to do. I’m gonna hurt you Drake. I’m gonna hurt you bad because two of us will going to the woodshed but only one will be coming out. WHOSE YOUR DADDY boys!!” 

Ricky goes back to his chair drinking his beer & camera fades back out before going black 

• Like 1

• Like 1

(The scene opens up inside of a hotel room, where we see TJ Alexander sitting down at a table, on that table TJ has his championships from other companies, ECE Intercontinental championship, ECWF Next-Gen championship, ICW Intercontinental champion ship and the PCW tag team championship on the table in view, and TJ is dressed in a tracksuit.)

“It been a somewhat bumpy road so far since coming back to AWS, since I set myself goals on becoming a champion, I have missed on an opportunity once already I missed out on becoming the C4 Division champion and now Summer Bliss holds the title, and now I am considered for the AWS Legacy championship, but first I have to go through a eliminator tournament, I have to go through two other opponents before I can qualify for the AWS Legacy championship, which sounds unfair, because I should be given the spot, especially ahead of my current opponents for Monday Night Ward, Ricky Rhodes and Drake Nygma.”

(TJ laughs)

“Firstly I finally get to face a member of the Rhodes family, not one of the famous ones, but more so the runt of the family, I get to face off against Ricky Rhodes, and it’s quite funny that you last week was up against Xavier Pendragon, a man similar to your own age and yet you call him an old man, have you looked in the mirror lately, Ricky you have past the age now where you are no longer considered young, you are at the age where you should be retired, that you should be leaned back in a rocking chair somewhere looking at the sunset dying down, but no, you are still lacing up a pair of boots and getting into a ring, and the only reason why you haven’t been let go, is because of your name, through their legacy, not yours, you have no legacy, you have gotten where you are through the name alone and now everyone is just waiting for you to die, waiting on you to injury yourself so they can let you go, and be done with you. “

(TJ smiles)

“And this whole cowboy shit you got going on, is out of date, it’s pathetic, I just go through watching Yellowstone and it board the fuck out of me, and that way of life, that way of thinking is out of touch, you Ricky Rhodes are out of touch, and I’m gonna show you why you are not on my level, and why you are not gonna be taking me behind the woodshed, you silly old fuck, you won’t even be able to touch me, my speed and agility will be a factor that you’ve never seen before, that you are too old and slow to comprehend and reach for, then I’m gonna target those wobbly knees of yours, those knees of yours are for sure holding some wear and tear in them, and they will be ripped open by me, the way of the cowboy is dead, it’s “The Game changer’s” time now.”

(TJ pauses)

“As for Drake Nygma I’m not too fussed about either, because even he has a split personality disorder, and not in a fun way, he thinks his enigmatic but instead he is really boring and worse, it’s like watching paint dry when you watch a match with Drake Nygma in it, so Drake Nygma, do everyone a favour and yourself, bow out of this match, it’s not gonna be your night either way.”

(TJ smiles)

“I am gonna be an AWS champion sooner or later, and I’d rather sooner, and once I beat those two silly beggars, I’m gonna move forward into the AWS Legacy tournament and be one step closer, I will grab that AWS Legacy championship and become an AWS champion, just know that.”

(Scene ends)

• Like 1

May the best man Win 

Camera comes up on a large cattle field of longhorns & we see Ricky Rhodes on a horse working the cattle sweating as the camera pans in closer on him 

RICKY RHODES-“ TJ Alexander I have to say I’m surprised to see your a “belt  mark” like another guy here in AWS. On June 3rd when you step into the Buffalo State Asylum all the gold in the world won’t be able to save you. You wanna talk about my legacy, well my LEGACY will be obvious when they put that title around my waist. My LEGACY in the AWS started when I got the 1-2-3 over Xavier Pendragon & will just grow bigger by eliminating you & Drake Nygma from the tournament in a match that will be show stopper in Buffalo. You think your road has been bumpy well son when you climb in the ring with you it’s gonna be a ROADBLOCK. You wanna cry about not  having C4 Division title & it belonging to the most beautiful woman in wrestling that “Texas Rose” Summer Bliss. All I can say is you’re gonna hate Texas when this cowboy takes the LEGACY championship from you. You’ll find out quick why im 280 pounds of TWISTED STEEL & SEX APPEAL on June 3rd. You wanna talk about how I’m old, how I’m the runt of the litter & how you I should just step aside. I have a proposal for you. Let’s both work together to get the joke of wrestling Drake Nygma eliminated before he can put the crowd asleep then it’ll just be me & you. One on One in a fight to see who’s the better man. If speed can beat power & experience. We will know once & fall if your the “Game Changer” or just another player chasing worthless belts. If I’m a old dog needing put out of my misery, if I’m old & wobbly needing to retire or if AWS is just looking for a reason to let me go or if your just a loud mouthed QUEEN from across the pond. June 3rd Buffalo New York MAY THE BEST MAN WIN!!!” 

Rhodes goes back to working his cattle before riding off in the sunset 

Flames danced along the wall, shadows yet danced in time as if commanded by an unseen figure lurking in the darkness. These flames were man made, constructed by living hands. The precision involved in creating a fire to illuminate and yet not burn the lavishly decorated building down was a fine line.

As the flames roared, the sound akin to that of an ancient beast, the face of one Drake Nygma came into view, the harsh lines of his fine boned face, a stark contrast to the clean lines of the building in which he resided presently.

“Honestly? I have never heard of either TJ Alexander or Ricky Rhodes, nor do I care to know anything about them. All I see are another two names to take down. Ricky Rhodes you ask Who's my daddy? Is that meant to sound tough? You can drink all the alcohol you like, say whatever makes you feel in control. At the end of the day, you are just another boy acting tough, speaking tough, to hide some inherent weakness. Take me to the woodshed? Ooh…. This is going to be fun. I wonder how long you’ll last before you realise you are out of your depth boy”.

Tall and well built his form was clad in yet another classic bespoke suit. Drake’s entire demeanour spoke of class, of a brutally superior intellect, of a man who envisioned himself as something of a leader, a leader who didn’t simply claim he was one, instead Drake allowed his actions to speak volumes instead. 

“There are sheep who wander through life blind, never questioning anything. Always content with being held underfoot and commanded by someone stronger, someone smarter. If I’ve learned anything from human history it’s that strength is a dying art, it’s rare to find someone with a spine these days, someone who has conviction and believes wholly in an ideal. TJ Alexander, Ricky Rhodes, this match is your opportunity to show the world that you are strong, that you do indeed have conviction and character.

Drake moved swiftly along the floor, his eyes narrowed and akin to those of a wolf clothed in human flesh. His lips twisted in a sneer, his expression mocking and intense in equal measure.

“Black and White. Good and Evil. Chaos and Order. Right and Wrong. I see no shades of grey, operate only in extremes. To put it plainly I can be an ally, a friend in the dark or I can be a lethal foe, a hunter who never stops until his task is done. My task presently is to weed out weakness until only the strong survive”.

With those words the flames died out, sending the building into ominous and eerie darkness, a silence accompanying it as Drake Nygma simply blended in with the darkness as if he had never been there at all. 

The Men from the Boys

[Cameras pan over a large Texas Forrest & zoom in on a campsite with a tent & campfire burning. Ricky Rhodes is saw relaxing by the campfire drinking a bottle of whiskey. In the background you can hear a radio playing The Bangles “Walk Like a Egyptian”] 

Ricky Rhodes-“WALK LIKE A EGYPTIAN…(looks into camera & laughs) Drake Ngyma on June 3rd you may walk into Buffalo,New York but you will getting carried out. You say you don’t know Ricky Rhodes well don’t worry I’ll introduce you him face to face & when I’m finished you’ll never forget that name. That is the difference in a real champion & an untalented bum like you. I know exactly who Drake Nygma is I’ve watched you, I’ve studied you & when we get in that ring I’ll educate you on the sport of real wrestling. I learn something new about you everyday like today I learned you’re just as boring on camera as you are in the ring. You think you hide your lack of talent behind your fancy suits & by staying in the darkness but I promise you June 3rd what’s hid in the darkness will be shown in the light. I will show you the real meaning of being a sheep because I will the be the wolf of Buffalo. We will truly separate the man from the boys for the world to see. (Raises whiskey bottle & laughs) CHEERS DRAKE….See you in Buffalo” 

[Camera pans out back across Forrest & goes black]