Champions

Match Five: Bram Connan Vs. Cage Eames

MeTaL

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cage Eames is standing backstage at a recent house show when he is interrupted by an AWS producer asking for his comments on his last match. Eames smirks and then begins to laugh hysterically.

Producer: Um, what’s so funny?

Cage Eames: You are funny!

Producer: Who me?

Cage Eames: No, he’s stupid.

Eames turns to the side, the camera catches that he has an old school Bluetooth headset in his right ear. The producer not realizing that he’s talking about him or that he’s on a phone call.

Cage Eames: Who is stupid?

Producer: Would you mind being quiet for a moment?

Cage Eames: Who me?

Eames stares at the producer.

Producer: Yes you. What the hell?

Cage Eames: Will you be quiet?

Producer: Sure, sir I’ll just be over here.

Suddenly, Maxx Vile walks up to the producer. Motions to him that he should shut the fuck up.

Maxx Vile: He shut you down?

Producer: Yeah, wait why are you here?

Maxx Vile: Because Cage Eames is my client, that’s why.

Producer: Client for what?

Maxx Vile: Okay let me spell it out for you, if you want to talk to him, you must go through me now, dig it?

Eames turns his attention to the producer.

Cage Eames: Yeah, he’s my manager you moron. Speak to the masses for me will you, Maxx?

Maxx Vile: Sure, thing boss! Ladies and gentlemen! Of the masses, fanatics if you will. My client has instructed me to speak to you on his behalf. Cage Eames is a busy man this evening, fighting two on one against Cletus the Bum and Cross Dresser Michelle in a street fight here at this event. Per instructions, let me introduce myself to the masses, my name is ….

Voice: Sorry to interrupt Maxx! Whoa! Whoa! Nobody cares who the fuck you are and why your client hired you.

Maxx Vile: Who the fuck is this? This isn’t your interview.

Voice: You know who the fuck this is, I’m out in the ring Maxx come out come out wherever you are.

The producer, Maxx Vile and the cameraman go out to the arena floor. A clown faced person is in the ring staring at a hole in them. Cage Eames comes out to the arena floor to see what the commotion is about.

Voice: Let me introduce myself for those who are not in the know, my name is K!D K@0S and I am the only son of the legendary Charlie Feigel. Some call me KD Feigel but, I prefer you not to.

Maxx Vile: Who the hell do you think you are hijacking this interview?

K!D K@0S: Because that man is no manager, that is just a shit stain on the underwear of society.

Maxx Vile: I beg your pardon.

K!D K@0S: Shut up, you old windbag.

K!D K@0S: Cagey my boy, you and I go way back and you know darn well you’ve always got my back and I have yours but who the fuck do you think you are stepping up to Bram fuckin’ Connan?

Cage Eames: I .. I ..

K!D K@0S: Yeah, yeah, I know I’m just messing with you. Let me do the honors Maxx. Ladies and gentlemen! Monsters and ghouls! Fanatics to name a few, my friend Cage Eames there is a United State Marine, a former 3x tag team champion elsewhere of course, a former AWS Parental Advisory Champion and all-around drunk who can even drink a giant or two under a table, but for the life of me, I don’t understand why management thought it was a good idea for him to face Bram fuckin’ Connan in a match on Monday Night Ward on Monday, August seventh!

The fanatics in attendance are perplexed why this whole interview process has become part of the show.

K!D K@0S: Cagey baby, let me simply say this to Bram, beat the fuck out of him please so he comes to his senses and dumps Maxx the flop tart here so Cage can rejoin The Hooligans. End of story.

Bram comes out from the backstage area, stares at Eames and then looks at the ring, he starts to laugh and then walks over giving Maxx a noggin noogie as if they are good friends.

To Be Continued…

~:~Part One~:~

*We fade in on a small room that appears to be a viewing room of some sort. It’s quite dark and all that fits in the room is a table along the wall, a chair, and a monitor. It appears as if the cameraman is either standing in the doorway or the camera is placed on the wall. Sitting in front of the monitor in the chair is the AWS Veteran Bram Connan. He does not speak, but we do hear his voice over the image. There are times in our lives that we cannot get back. The last two years of my life are something that I cannot get back and I wouldn’t want them back if I could. Fans run up to me all the time and they ask me if I miss it. If I could go back, would I have not given it all up to work for ASW and leave the biz? They seem to think that my leaving was a bad thing for my life. The truth is the two-month break gave me something I could never have gotten had I still been touring the world, two years to watch my children grow*

Bram: Now that I’m back, there are some things I wish I did, like train a little more, but I never got out of shape. Some of those people at home, that think because when they had kids …they gained all this weight that there is no way to stay in shape without working out 24/7. The truth is though, parenting …real parenting, is a hardcore workout. My boys are now eight and six years old, and chasing them around and playing ball with them …has been almost as good a workout, as I would have had on the road.

*Bram pauses a moment, as he thinks. He then continues on*

Bram: Am I saying, I am ready for the ring? Gods no, yet I am stepping back in it. Why? There’s only one reason why, I love it. I love it so much, that I can’t hold back and I’m a little nervous. Nervous, that if I don’t jump in feet first …I’ll never make it back. So here I am, just days away from my first match in over two months, and I’m watching a tape in a cold dark room.

*Bram slowly turns his head away from the monitor, as whatever tape he was studying comes to an end and static overtakes the screen*

Bram: When I put together my first promo in over two months, I may have been too open with you people. I may have let you all in on who I really am, and I have no problem with that. The problem I do have with it, is that you took what I said and didn’t see it for what it really was. I told you that I hadn’t yet had much time to research, and you took it as though I was too high and mighty to research you all …but that’s not what I meant at all. I got as big as I am, pardon me, as I used to be by knowing my competition. Those people you all have heard saying my name these past few weeks, before I showed up here …talk about me for a reason, and that’s because I am always prepared.

*Bram pauses again, as he shakes his head in disbelief. He thought most didn’t understand him, but that wasn’t his worry at this time*

Bram: For instance, I took a look at last week's shows, and one thing my past opponent did is, he lost. What that means to me is, that you want a taste of victory. So, I’ve been preparing all week to face you at your best, because that’s what I expect. I have also been critiquing you on your performances from last week and the past, and of course from your recent promos.

*Bram smirks, as he thinks about the footage he just watched. Just like any other time, he wasn’t impressed*

Bram: Cage, the one I was originally most worried about originally …has not shown me much recently. His in-ring performance last week was lackluster, but his will to win  …failed. The problem is, you cannot always gamble on your will to win and your opponent to leave an opening for you like everyone got last week, and I just like this guy know that. So, I should expect him to be more focused going into our match, but I am not. He has yet to utter a word, and the way he looked last week …shows me that I was wrong. This guy may have once been someone, I should have been worried about. But now, he’s just appear to be an above-average wrestlers in a slump and his slump won’t end on the seventh.

*Bram cracks a wide smile, as he sits there pondering this match-up*

Bram: Then we have …well, Cage Eames. I’m not sure what you hoped to accomplish, standing in the middle of nowhere speaking to the air, and making predictions of our match …that are so vague, they could have been told to me on a psychic hotline. Nor, do I know what you were hoping to prove with your match last week, other than the fact that you aren’t very lucky. It seems to me, so far …that you’re hoping to gets by on pure luck, and says screw Giah-given talent.

*Bram shakes his head, and lets out a deep sigh before continuing on to the last subject in this match*

Bram: Then there is the definition of “I Suck” …the other person that is involved. You were a very busy boy last week. You not only showed how well trained you are in simple technique, when you couldn’t beat that clown. But you also showed your heart, as you stepped up to one of the most powerful men in America. For that, you have drawn my attention. No, not for your silly little Spiderman joke, but for your style and charisma. For someone who has all the makings of a B-List wrestler, you have something that the other men in this promotion don’t seem to have …at least not anymore. That is the heart to succeed. You’re dangerous, because of that. You are one small package away from shocking the world, and becoming a star in this federation ...but I will not be your gateway to fame.

*Bram stands up, and starts moving around the small room. His once happy face has become stern, and focused*

Bram: You may think there is nothing I can do to stop you, but I have been in this business for almost twenty years …and I have seen it all. I’ve seen guys like you rise to the top, and fall to the bottom. I have figured out a million different ways, to avoid ending up as the butt of someone’s joke. So, come the third …it might come down to blind move, interrupted three counts, and grievous bodily damage as you predicted, but the one thing I’m sure Cage …it’s going to come down to you and me, and who wants it more.

*Bram turns away, and hits eject on the DVD player. Then pops in a new disc, as the camera fades to black*

~:~Part Two~:~

*We open up on the cocky grin of AWS’s returning star, Bram Connan. He is dressed in a crispy new “Celtic Beast” logo T-Shirt and a pair of jeans, with his gym bag draped over his shoulder. He tosses the gym bag aside, and stands with his arms crossed in front of the camera*

Bram: Look at me, soon to be back to my winning ways again. Hard to believe, that after twenty years of a career and a two-month break ….that I can start again, as a winning veteran. It’s kind of crazy, and weird …but most importantly, it’s going to be great. It’s a great thing, to feel like I’m on top of the world with a win, even if it doesn’t last forever …it’s a feeling, that you could become a billionaire with if you could bottle it, and I don’t want it to end.

*Bram pauses for a moment, before confidently speaking again*

Bram: That will be tough though, because even though I am technically a veteran here in this great federation, my name still carries some weight and that weight apparently carried me straight to our first next episode of Ward. It is my understanding, that it’s not an everyday occurrence that “old guys” in this federation make the big show. Let alone. in a match with such implications as possibly a number-one contender match. So, I am honored to be included …Yes, I’m honored, and a little bit nervous.

*Bram’s smile fades just a little, as he steps to the side and takes a seat on the bench next to him revealing a row of lockers behind him*

Bram: I know those of you out there watching this, who know me …don’t believe it, but I am nervous. A couple months ago, was my first match in over two years. And now in my second return match …I am expected to put my body on the line in a match, versus Cage Eames. This isn’t quite what I expected, but I’ve never been one to back down from anything. I’ve always rolled with the punches, and this time …rolling with the punches, will be a little bit easier for me.

*Bram‘s face curls with a devious smirk, due to dealing with The Eames Family several times before. He chuckles a bit, before speaking again*

Bram: A few months ago, I was up against people …who were virtually unknown to me. People I had to spend hours researching …just so I would feel comfortable in the ring with. This time, research will be the least of my worries, as I have extensive background on this guy. This guy has been around me for most of the end of my career, and I have seen his career begin. Plus, I’ve seen him reach some of his highest points. Which isn’t much to brag about, to be honest.

*Bram takes a short pause before digging in. He seems to think long, and hard before uttering his next words*

Bram: Since I have been here, I haven’t seen and heard much about this guy. I probably know enough, that I could deal with him. But you never really know what someone like him is thinking. Just like Sammeal last week, it’s so hard to tell what is going on in someone’s mind. You come off like a man of good ethics, but there is really only one reason to cover your face in my opinion. And that is, to cover up what you truly are. I believe there is something dark about you, and you try to hide it with makeup and by pretending to be something you are not. A match like this, usually brings out the demon in people. I know it will bring out the cheating and backstabbing bastard in me …what will it bring out in you, Cage??

*Bram smirks, letting his words sink in. He knew this guy all too well. He finally stands up from the bench, and walks towards the weight-lifting area*

Bram: This guy is kind of perplexing to me. He’s listed at forty-one years of age, a time in your life …when most people are hanging up their boots, yet here is a man just like myself in this federation. It makes it hard for me, to quite gauge what he is as a wrestler. And seeing as his list of accomplishments here is slimmer than a piece of paper …all I can assume is, that he must have some tricks up his sleeve if he is still performing at this level at that age.

*Bram takes a seat on the bench-press, as he continues to speak*

Bram: Almost the complete opposite of this guy, is myself. I have seen a huge amount of Cage’s work. I have seen him come up through the ranks in the past, and I have a list of his accomplishments here …and yet just like most of the wrestlers, I have no clue who he really are. That’s the question of the day, who is this guy? Is he,  the men that fought through Loss after Loss …until he finally got an opportunity in the past? Is he the men, that worked until he couldn’t work anymore and won the very title I’m working towards …or trying to become the number one contender for? Or, is he the men that dropped the ball …every time, he was given the chance to escape the cellar of wrestling? Is he the man, that was rising to new heights in another company …only to crash back to the bottom? No one, not even he …seem to know, for sure. All I can say, is this …if history repeats itself, he will fall.

*Bram leans back, and does a couple of reps. He pauses for a few seconds, and does another quick set of reps*

Bram: Cage Eames? Not sure what to call you anymore, but I sure know where you and I stand …on bad terms. In the past, it was always you chasing after my shadow. You and your little friends, always trying to start fights with the big dogs in the company. Just hoping, some of what little talent you had would shine through in the fight. But it never seemed to work, did it. You stayed in my shadow and couldn’t fight your way out …until I was gone. Now here we meet again, and you’re the “known” wrestler this time. You’re the one, that has all the recognition here. I’d bet, you’re even thinking the tables have turned …and now, I’ll be the one chasing after you. But unlike you, when we’re in the same ring at Ward …I will shine and you will realize, you never even got out of my shadow. You couldn’t take over the top spot, when I was around and you won’t be able to slow me down from rising past you here either!! 

*The smile returns back to his face, as he stands up and looks deep into the camera as if he is now talking to someone specific*

Bram: The real challenge of this match though, is the lackluster rules. There might as well not even be anyone else in this match. Just the two best wrestlers. It seems like, it was meant to be …that the two of us, meet quickly here in AWS. It might be the bookers, or maybe fate made it so. We’ve fought all over the globe, although you just got here the week before my last return …you hold an advantage, you’ve been here before. You know the layout of this ring, and that’s an advantage …that I really, can’t afford to give up to you. We’ve been through hell against each other, and know each other inside and out. We both started together and learned to be what we’ve become today, together. Not as friends, but as rivals and here we are again. The setting doesn’t seem to matter much, as it matters that it is me and you once again. Ladder, chairs, or whatever else gets thrown around in this match, it will not matter …because in the end, I can guarantee it will come down to only two of us fighting for the win. I can’t guarantee, that I will come out on top …but I can guarantee you this, you want to know who really wants to win this match …I do!!

*Again, Bram pauses to let his words settle in. Now he’s really focused, his voice becomes more forceful*

Bram: I don’t want this for the same reason you do, to build a foundation …but I want this. I want this, because it’s been far too long …since I have mattered in professional wrestling. It’s been far too long, since people have looked at me, and said there is a champion. It’s been far too long since, I have felt like I am the best, and even though it is supposed to be like being the best of the worst …I still want this. One more thing you can count on as well, if I do get this and I do move on to win that championship. No one, and I mean no one …will look at that belt, as the best of the worst again. They’ll just look at it, as the best of the best. That’s what I want from Cage, the only question left …is who is going to want it enough to win it!!

*Bram turns, and begins to work out once more*

Bram: Before this match though, I’m going to need to learn the layout. There’s no way, I’m giving you an advantage at all. It’s as simple as, Tap Or Snap Bytch!!

*Bram’s last words trail off, as he exits the room and flags someone down presumably to give him a tour of sorts*

Bram’s Voice: So, let me get this right? James E. NightWolf comes out of retirement, after managing one of the greatest factions in wrestling history …just to manage lonely mid-carder? My, my …what would Francco think? I mean, he was always your favorite after all …wasn’t he? Well, I guess after I’m done beating your client up …I’m going to have to give him a call, and let him know you bitched out and took Way less money to manage someone like Cage!!

received-221019523529793.jpg

Cage Eames is being mic’d up for a quick promo, it’s in a green room on the campus of the old Buffalo Hospital for the mentally insane. Cage sniffles as he chugs from a jug of water, he brought with him to the room as it’s a scorching 100-degree day or it seems to be in Buffalo, New York. Cage is ready to speak whenever given the cue to go. Cage is given all clear and told he now has a hit microphone.

CΔGE EΔMES

Yeah, let’s break down what Bram said about me, first off losing to Jenny Kay. I own that loss, yes, I do. Plain and simple, she was the better competitor that night and as of now I may not be in line for any major titles, but I’m always looking for a fight.

CΔGE EΔMES

Do I wish I had pulled out a victory, yes, and I do honestly think Jenny Kay and I were a mismatch of experience in the ring. Hell, she is a former AWS UltraViolence Heavyweight Champion that cannot be denied here for what it’s worth.

CΔGE EΔMES

Alas, less time I was about to speak to the masses my manager was caught up in a snaffoo with my former teammate K!D K@0S and it all got muddied by what all accounts was going to be an epic verbal beat down. Did it happen to my liking, not.

CΔGE EΔMES

See Bram Connan, unlike you I own my mistakes and a mistake is something I intend to correct that is why I’m speaking to you today without the manager.

Cage takes a swig of water from a jug.

CΔGE EΔMES

Mark my words here Bram, I’m coming into this match with a fresh set of eyes. I see you and only you as the biggest threat of my career and I’m eager to kick your teeth down your throat. I really am looking forward to our match because I know I can beat you down and you’ll come back for more. We are cut from the same cloth; we both like to hurt people and this match will be a hurt fest.

CΔGE EΔMES

I don’t think I’m superior to anyone because I know on any given day I can come into the ring and be beat. I know I can walk away from this business some day and know that I tried my best to compete at the very top of my game.

Cage takes a swig of water from a jug.

CΔGE EΔMES

The night we face off is the night I start to claw back to where I have every right to be, the very best this company has to offer. You talk about predictions on a psychic hotline, call me unlucky, I’m about to show you something you’ve never seen before, someone whose actions are louder than the empty threats, that I’m going to come into that ring with every fucking bit of intention to throw your ass around like a fucking ragdoll. I’m going to whip you into those ropes and crack you in the face with a hard right that leaves you muttering to your momma. You forced this upon yourself, you forced me to do this, and this is going to be your ultimate mistake. Bram you’ve woken the beast in me and I’m not afraid to let him loose on you, in fact in that ring on that night the Beast of the Bayou will emerge and the Celtic Beast within you better come out and play.

Cage throws down the jug to the ground.

CΔGE EΔMES

Bram, I’ll meet you in the ring. Until then stay tuned.

Cage kicks the jug of water as he walks out of the room muttering to himself. The crew races to catch up to him to retrieve the microphone from his shirt.

*We open in some random gym, in New York. At this moment, we have no idea what city we are in. We can see Jesse James Jackson, also known as 3J with a camera waiting outside the gym*

3J: I was told, he came in about an hour ago. He should be heading ...oh here he is!

*We see Bram Connan exiting the gym, wearing a “Celtic Beast” tank-top and a pair of black “Mjolnir” Hammer shorts. He has a gym bag hanging over his shoulder by the strap, and he spots 3J and just shakes his head in disbelief*

Bram: Jesse James Jackson ….here's a face, I was hoping to never ever see again.

3J: Good to see you again too, Damion.

Bram: Bram, please. Only friends call me, Damion …and you are not, my friend.

*3J and Bram go way back, and it's never been friendly. You can see that, on their faces*

Bram: Honestly, if AWS wants an interview, that bad …tell them to send, “Spanky” Evans or Laura Andersen next time. I'd much rather look at them, while answering stupid generic questions. Like ..."How do you feel, about your last match?" Right, James …was that your first question??

3J: Well, N ...yes.

Bram: Well, to answer that …since you can't even get the question out. Odin, how do you still have a job? To answer that, I don't feel anything James. I barely won; it happens. Time to move on and go to the next match. Speaking of, I hope you can be good for SOMETHING …who am I facing this week?

3J: Well, that was my next question …

Bram: Of course it was, because you don't have an original bone in your body ...Anyways, go on. I'll let you pretend, you know how to do your job and ask aways.

3J: I wanted to get your thoughts, on your upcoming match this coming week on Ward?

*Bram gives a mocking golf clap, and snickers to himself*

Bram: Wow, that wasn’t half bad James. You even promoted the show name right …good job. Wait, who was it again? Fuckin’ A, who's in the match this time??

3J: Cage Eames … 

*Bram laughs out loud, and slaps his leg*

Bram: Eames, Really?? Someone was able to pry the needle out of his ass, and his face away from a mirror …long enough, to be in a match? Holy shyte!! Riddle me this James, how can a man call himself "The Greatest" …when he only shows up for work, once a month?

3J: I ...don't know, to be honest.

Bram: Of course you don't, you don't know anything …unless it's written down on your que cards for you. I’ll tell you the answer, it’s a delusion. I mean sure, Eames is one hell of a guy. The dude, can get it done in the ring no doubt about that. When he shows up, that is. I mean, the guy works less than our congress men. Greatness, my ass! Whose next James, come on …snap to it, who's next??

3J: Cage …

Bram: Who, the F*ck Is That?

3J: Cage, he was just signed to the AWS.

Bram: Never heard of him. So, he couldn’t have been that big of a free agent …not like when I signed. You know, the advertising revenue doubled …when I signed with the AWS, right James? I'm the reason, you are going to get a bonus this year …you do know that right?

3J: Uh ...thanks?

Bram: You’re welcome. But let me stop, I'm aware of Cage, somewhat. I've seen him running his mouth on twitter, calling out us established vets …like, he's actually someone in this business. Quite honestly, I'd have figured Scotty Paine would have killed him backstage by now. But, seeing as he hasn’t …I guess, I'll have to do it this week in the ring. A swift Clawed To Death to the chin, should shut him up real quick. And if that doesn’t work, then I'll just have to put the child to sleep ...Next Question! Come on James, keep up!!

3J: Next, the other man in the match …Cage Eames.

*Bram grins at this one, with a sly devilish grin. He thinks a few moments, before speaking*

Bram: Cage Eames, you say? Oh Really? "The Wrestling Failure", "The Master Of Ten Holds" …

Bram makes the air quotes, as he says the nicknames he’s given to his opponent*

Bram: The chump, who thinks he can just step over me to get a title shot? Oh, this is going to be real fun. I'm going to have a blast, bashing this boy's face in. He really thinks, he deserves a title shot over me??

3J: Well, I haven’t talked to him personally …but, yeah I guess that's what he's been saying.

*Bram gives 3J a pissed off look, as he grumbles under his breath*

Bram: Do you, think he deserves a title shot?

3J: I think ...

Bram: That’s the problem James, we don't pay you to think …just to ask questions, that a toddler could handle. Shut your mouth, before I shut it for you! I'll answer the question, NO …no he does NOT, deserve a title shot. He may think, he's entitled to one …but, he'd be wrong. I get my match first! Cage better go look at the contract again, because I made sure there was a title match clause in there. I pay my lawyers a lot of money, to protect my best interests. But hey, if he thinks he is deserving of a shot …he can try to EARN it this week. IF ...and this is a huge if, James …almost as huge as, that ass you call a head. IF Cage can somehow beat ME ... in this match, then I'll tell you what. He can have the Title match before me. But if he loses, then he get goes to the back of the line.

3J: Well, I can't speak for him ...

Bram: Of course you can’t James, no one would be dumb enough to let you speak for them …no one! I'm surprised AWS even gave you a job. Seriously. Send Spanky next time, at least he'd do this over drinks or dinner. You, on the other hand ...

*Bram looks around, and scuffs before speaking again*

Bram: I mean really? In the middle of the street, like you’re some TMZ paparazzi? You're a hack, James. If I ever see you in front of me with a mic, again …I'll shove it so far up your ass, your kids will have the Shure logo imprinted on their forehead!!

*Bram storms off, as 3J sighs a breath of relief*

3J: That went better than expected ...

*Before 3J can finish, Bram turned back around and slaps the mic out of 3J's hand. Bram shakes his head, as he speaks one last time*

Bram: No one cares, about your extra commentary. And who uses Shure anyways? Sennheiser only, you fucking hack …it’s as simple as, Tap Or Snap Bytch!!

bram02.png