*Match One*

~Non-Title Vixens Match~

Denise De’vil Vs. Mallory Hale

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mallory had been in Asylum Wrestling Society long enough to get an idea of every wrestler in the company. Male or female. Not only were there no real surprises to her in terms of a wrestler’s gimmick or alignment, style or image, but there were even wrestlers that intrigued her. Or even to go as far to say that there were wrestlers that she was even a fan of!

And that was a weird thing to even think about in an art like professional wrestling. Where you were expected to have rivalries and make enemies and hold grudges. Any wrestler you were even a fan of was expected to be a tag partner or team member. If they weren’t your sibling or dating you of course. But Mallory didn’t care about expectations. While she was a solo star in AWS and proud of it she had a few wrestlers that she respected or even outright liked. How if she did care for tag team action she’d be willing to work with and had no problem watching them wrestle.

Denise De’vil was one of those wrestlers for her.

It wasn’t hard to see why either. Denise was tall, athletic, and strong. She had a cool gimmick and cool nicknames. Damn good moveset and a fun entrance to watch too. If Mallory was a team player she wouldn’t mind teaming up with Denise sometime. 

But since they were scheduled to wrestle at KORE Assault it was a good thing that Mallory wasn’t in a team with her.

Denise De’vil was a hell of a wrestler with a hell of a mean streak. One of those types where even if you did beat them you didn’t end up feeling like a winner. She was tough to beat without a doubt and it reflected with a legacy of wins and titles. If you beat Denise you were the real deal.

And that’s exactly what Mallory was going to try to do in KORE Assault. In fact she just did a concert in nearby Queens and would soon have a gig in Albany, now she was going to do a wrestling event in Brooklyn, New York

This was going to make for a VERY interesting promo…

—------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The scene opened with Mallory on her tour bus of all things. She was one of the few wrestlers in AWS that had their own tour bus and didn’t hop from rental car to rental car or traveled in a big van or SUV. It was one of the benefits of being a rock star. Her record label treated her right. And this gave her a unique setting for her pre-match promo which

Mallory Hale: I stay busy y’know? I’m right in the middle of a state tour. Across New York. In fact, I was in Queens yesterday for a show and now I’m here in Brooklyn. Private parking lot of the Barclays Center. About to greet my fans and get ready for tonight’s KORE Assault show. Because that’s what rock stars do. We love our fans, we bust our asses, and we don’t take days off. And I’m doing all of this while getting ready for one of the biggest matches of my whole career against Denise De’vil. No title, just about respect. Credibility. Who’s the best? And that’s me.

Mallory went in with a simple but straightforward introduction, talking about herself and her drive. Her work as a musician and as a wrestler and her passion towards both. All while showing that she was focused on the task at hand and that was her battle against The Deathbringer.

Mallory Hale: That’s the mentality I got going into our match Denise. I respect your game and I know you are a dangerous woman but so am I. The match we got at Assault is simply about who’s better and who wants it more and that’s good enough for me. Because that's all the motivation I need to beat you. I'll be damned if another woman upstages me. In or out of the ring. 

And then came the spice. Mallory was coming into this match right now from a point of pride. She couldn’t stand to have anyone directly outdo her. Musician, competitor, it didn’t matter. It’s the type of woman she was. She didn’t want to let anyone come before her. Mallory didn't want anyone to show her up.

Mallory Hale: And Brooklyn is a hell of a place to do it. Barclays is a great venue, hyped crowd, ready to watch the rock star perform. But the music I'll be making will be me making you cry out in pain and slamming you on the mat. Maybe I can use your screams and painful thuds as backing music. I know I'll have a lot to work with tonight after I beat you.

And then came the trash talk. The sense of superiority and pride Mallory has over Denise and she wasn't afraid to drive it home as many times as necessary.

Mallory Hale: So tonight at Assault you'll see the Hale Fall. When I beat Denise De'vil and show the world who the real star is!